There are three airports close to Brescia in the range of 50 Km:
Two other major airports are near Milano:
- Malpensa Airport MPX - http://www.sea-aeroportimilano.it/en. Intercontinental Airport (150 km from Brescia). Available direct bus and train connections with Milano Centrale train station (1 hour, 6.5 or 20). By taxi, from Malpensa to Milano, takes 50 minutes and costs about 70 . It is also possible to use a private bus service that reaches directly Brescia. This service is operating from Monday to Saturday and fare is 45 . Departures from "Hotel Industria - via Orzinuovi" are scheduled at 5.00 - 9.30 - 13.30. The time needed to reach Brescia is about 1h30. Tickets can be bought on board. It is also possible to reserve the transportation at any time and any day of the week for 130 .
- Tel & Fax: 030.2582388
In order to improve transportation efficiency, we suggest you to notify at
if you are planning to contact the "Airshuttle-Nord".
- Linate Airport LIN - http://www.sea-aeroportimilano.it/en. Many connections major European Intercontinental Airports (100 km from Brescia). Available direct bus connections with Milano Centrale train station (30 minutes, about 3).
Brescia is on the "Autostrada A4" (A4 highway) (Torino-Venezia) and has three Exits. Take always Brescia Ovest Exit and follow indication toward Hospital (Ospedale) or Stadium (Stadio). University is near the these places.
Indication from airports:
- From Milano-Linate drive towards Milano on the "Autostrada A1" (A1 highway) and then join the A4.
- From Milano-Malpensa follow the signs to the "Autostrada A8" (A8 highway) which goes directly to Milano. Then take the A4 (to Venezia). Exit at Brescia-Ovest and follow the indication toward Hospital or Stadium. University is near the these places.
- From Bergamo Orio al Serio drive towards Motorway A4 (to Venezia). Exit at Brescia-Ovest and follow the indication toward Hospital(Ospedale) or Stadium. University is near to these places.
- From Villafranca Verona drive towards Motorway A4 (to Milan). Exit at Brescia-Ovest and follow the indication toward Hospital (Ospedale) or Stadium. University is near to these places.
- From Brescia Montichiari drive towards Brescia.
Brescia is one of the major stops along the rail link between Torino and Venezia. There are high speed trains each two hours from Milano and Verona, local trains each one hour. Local trains from Bergamo are scheduled each two hours. We suggest you to choose Eurostar class trains that takes 45 minutes from Milano and 30 minutes from Verona. Take a look at the train schedules http://www.ferroviedellostato.it (Italian trains) or http://bahn.hafas.de (German, covers Europe).
Buses from Brescia railway station to the University of Brescia - Engineering Faculty. Take bus 1 (to Mompiano). The bus stop is in front of the railway station (cross the road, the bus stop is by the portico). There is a bus every 10 minutes during the day (every hour or so after 8pm), and it takes about 25 minutes to get to the university. Tickets have to be bought before getting on the bus, and are sold in news-stands and tobacconists shops. A single ticket costs 1 , and has to be validated in the machine on the bus. Recently, it has been introduced the possibility to buy the ticket from the bus driver, but it costs more, 1.5 . Get off in Viale Europa, corner Via Branze (two stops after the Hospital) or in Via Branze (It depends on which bus run you get).
It is also possible to buy a 1-day ticket that costs 2.8 and a 7-day ticket that costs 11.5. In addition, it is possible to buy a 10 trip ticket that costs 9.5 (it provides ten rides on the one ticket; the ticket is valid until all rides are used and there is no specified time frame in which to use them). However, all these tickets must be validated on the bus at the first use.
For the timetable (Italian only): http://www.bresciamobilita.it/ --> orari & percorsi.
More information (in English) about bus stops can be found here. There are also some maps of the old town centre and of bus routes (size: 1.6MB).
Taxi from Brescia railway station to university costs ~11 .